Instructions for Camera Ready Paper Submission
Final camera-ready paper and signed copyright form are both due by 11:59pm EST, January 8th, 2014.
Copyright Form Instructions:
- An IEEE copyright form is required for all camera-ready submissions. Details of IEEE's policy on copyright may be found on the IEEE website:
- On this page, you can find the IEEE Copyright form (PDF, Doc, and HTML) below ‘Viewable and printable versions of the IEEE Copyright Form’.
- Print and complete the IEEE Copyright form which may be found in the author kit.
- When complete, scan it and email your copyright form to zb.yu at siat.ac.cn
Camera Ready Formatting Instructions:
- Authors are limited to 10 pages for the final version of their papers. However, up to two additional pages may be purchased. The fee for extra pages can be paid along with registration, $100 for each page.
- Papers should be formatted in the IEEE two column conference style for "letter" size paper. LaTeX and MS Word Doc templates for use in camera ready submissions are in the author kit. The files "instruct.pdf" and "instruct.doc", also in the author kit, contain the exact formatting requirements for LaTeX and MS Word, respectively.
- The camera-ready PDF, however you produce it, must have embedded fonts to be compatible with IEEE Xplore formatting.
- When you generate your PDF file with PDF distiller please change the settings to insure your paper meets IEEE PDF specifications. Basic PDF distiller settings MUST be changed to:
- Acrobat 4.0 compatibility,
- ALL graphics at least 300 dpi resolution (higher if preferred),
- ALL fonts MUST be embedded and subset,
- Postscript settings DO NOT override distiller settings,
- Page size is 612.0 x 792.0 points (8.5" x 11").
Camera Ready Submission Process:
The due date for camera ready submission of all papers is 23:59 Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Jan 8th, 2014. Please Note: the PDF eXpress website will officially open on 20th December, 2013. But authors can prepare the camera ready version according to the above instruction.
- All papers must be submitted through IEEE’s PDF-express Plus system for the HPCA 2014 conference. This system will both check your pdf for compliance with IEEE Xplore’s requirements as well as be the collection site for final camera ready pdfs. The basic steps for submission are as follows:
- Access the PDF eXpress website: http://www.pdf-express.org/plus
- First time uses need to create an account (follow the instructions on the login page)
- Enter ‘32246XP’ for the Conference ID.
- For each conference paper, click “Create New Title”.
- Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required).
- Click “Submit PDF for Checking” or “Submit Source Files for Conversion.”
- Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click "Upload File". You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload.
- You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or IEEE PDF eXpress Plus-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file Passed or Failed.
- Once checking is complete and passed click "Refresh File Status" from the PDF eXpress home page. Two new options will appear in the status block for your paper, "Try Again" and "Approve for Collection".
- If subsequent changes are required for your paper, you may upload new versions of your paper via the "Try Again" option.
- If you are ready to complete the submission process click "Approve for Collection" and the paper will be submitted for publication.
- More details on the submission process and troubleshooting your paper submission may be found in the "HPCA2013-PDF-eXpress_howto.pdf" file found in the author kit.
- In case of any questions please contact the publications chair, Dr. Zhibin Yu (zb.yu at siat.ac.cn).